Friday, February 20, 2009

Airborne
















1993

Director: Rob Bowman

Distributor: Warner Brothers

Key Elements: Lines – Characters – Message

My Review:

I fell in love with this movie when I saw the rerun on Disney Channel.

I think I just loved the main character’s approach to life. He was laid back and took things as they came, making the most of everything. At the same time, he was driven by a love within for surfing and philosophy – for transcendence. Isn’t that how we should all live?

Clip:





Quotes:
  • Mitchell Goosen at your service. Don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Don't care. As long as I live near the beach and don't have to wear a tie. Then I'll be stylin'. - St-st-stylin? Let me tell you about stylin'. I'm talkin', the perfect A-frame wave spittin' salt water in your face. I call it 'liquid draino, wanna be bullwinkle', I tell you no lies, my friends. It's the consciousness.

  • Popeye, now there was a great man. Do you know why?
    - He never joined the Hairclub For Men?
    Wrong. Because his motto was: I am what I am. Do you think Popeye ever worried about what he wore just so he could get Olive Oil in the sack? I should say not, Dude. And do you know why?
    - He was gay?
    Because he is what he is.

  • How often does this once-in-a-lifetime wave come along?
Still:

No comments: