Friday, February 20, 2009

Taken


















2009

Director: Pierre Morel

Distributor: Fox Movies

Key Elements: Lines – Message – Concept – Symbolism

My Review:

This is a very simple premise: A daughter on vacation gets kidnapped by the sex trade. Her former CIA agent father comes to rescue her.

I think the mere fact that Liam Neeson’s in the lead makes this movie work. It’s cool seeing an older guy taking names. It’s also cool seeing dirt bags get what coming to them.

But what I appreciate most about this movie is how it draws attention to the sex trade – a very real, very hidden problem worldwide – even in the states.

If there's a gospel element in this movies - It is in the love of a father for his child. He's willing to make every sacrifice to ensure she is saved.

Trailer:



Quotes:

  • I'm not comfortable with this.
  • I would sacrifice anything for her.
  • I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
    - Good luck.
  • Graham, you can't just run around tearing down Paris..
    - Jean Claude, I'll tear down the Eiffel Tower if I have to!
  • You don't remember me? We spoke on the phone two days ago. I told you I would find you.
  • Please understand...it was all business. It wasn't personal.
    - It was all personal to me.
Stills:











No comments: