Thursday, January 15, 2009

50 First Dates



















2004

Director: Peter Segal

Distributor: Columbia Pictures / Happy Madison

My Review:

Lucy has a memory problem that causes her to forget each day after it ends. When Henry falls for her, he finds he has to hatch a new scheme to make her fall for him… everyday.

I expected laughs from Sandler, and I got them.

I expected Barrymore to be adorable, and she was.

What I wasn’t expecting was for this movie to have so much heart. In one of the most romantic character situations ever, Sandler bears the task of wooing his love anew every single day. A great illustration of loving sacrifice and devotion.

Surprisingly beautiful story.

Trailer:



Quotes:
  • Are you staring at me or her? 'Cause you're starting to freak me out.
  • I hardly know you.
    - Actually sweetie, you're kind of dating him.
    - Sorry I'm not better looking.
  • Can I ask you guys something? What's gonna happen down the line? Someday she's gonna wake up and look in the mirror and notice her face's aged 10 years overnight.
    - You know something, Henry? I worry about that every day of my damn life.
  • Can I have one last first kiss?
  • The Beach Boys? How nice of that man to give me a CD that will remind me of all the wonderful times I shared with his daughter. What an asshole! WHY would you do this to me?
  • So every day you help her to realize what happened and you wait patiently for her to be okay with it... then you get her to fall in love with you again?
    - Yes, ma'am.
  • I don't know who you are, Henry... but I dream about you almost every night. …Why?
    - What would you say if I told you that notebook you read every day used to have a lot of stuff about me in it?
    I would say that that makes a lot of sense.
    - You erased me from your memories because you thought you were holding me back from having a full and happy life. But you made a mistake. Being with you is the only way I could have a full and happy life. You're the girl of my dreams... and apparently, I'm the man of yours.
    Henry. It's nice to meet you.
    - Lucy, it's nice to meet you too

Stills:
















No comments: