Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clifford



















1994

Director: Paul Flaherty

Distributor: Orion Pictures

Key Elements: Lines – Characters

My Review:

This movie is surprisingly obscure. Though few people have heard of it, it’s one of the funniest I’ve ever seen.

Maybe this is because Martin Short’s humor can be polarizing. But if you like Martin, you’ll love this character – a creepy/funny ten year old obsessed with a dinosaur themed amusement park.

Montage:



Quotes:
  • Would you please stop hitting the back of my chair? I am trying to sleep!
    - I'm sorry, Miss Nice Older Person, but I don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps you were just having a nightmare about your early days in the circus.
    One more word out of you and I'll call the flight attendant.
    - Wasn't nice of the mean old lady to smash your collarbone was it, Steffen?
  • Don't reject me, Uncle Martin!
  • I love you, Uncle Martin.
    - And I love you too, Clinton.
    Clifford.
  • What do you want to be when you grow up, Clifford?
    - A dinosaur!
  • You wouldn't lie to me, would you Uncle Martin? 'Cause if you did I'd be so angry I don't know what I'd do.
  • Don't send me back to my parents, they hate me!
  • Here's the deal: Go to your room, write a confession that I'll take to the police, I will not send you back to your parents, and you tell Sarah that you and I are the best of friends.
    - And we are, aren't we?
    Shut up.
  • He says please don't hurt him, he's the only one left in his family.
  • Don't worry about Clifford, he'll be fine if you give him a ton of sugar and a book about Hitler.
  • Well there it is, Clifford, Dinosaur World. Are you happy?
  • Oh Uncle Martin, I am so glad you're here. I got on the train to run away, but a person tried to touch my no-no special place! And when I got back, there were bikers here. And they tied me up, Uncle Martin, and then they told me stories that they do on their bikes. Some of them were fun but some of them were scary!
  • Oh, you mean Uncle Martin... Scary...*Scary* Uncle Martin.
    - I'd say I'm the happiest boy in the whole wide world, Uncle Mental Case.
    I'm the mental case? You're the one in the stray jacket.
    - I imagine when they put you in yours, you'll need a much larger one, sir.
    That's cute.
Still:

No comments: