Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pinocchio


















1940

Director: Hamilton Luske / Ben Sharpsteen

Distributor: RKO Radio Pictures / Walt Disney Pictures

Key Elements: Story – Characters – Concept – Message – Music

My Review:

I am surprised by how many people don’t like this movie. I love it.

To me, it makes a lot of statements about growing up – about how we often fail – multiple times – before we really catch on. It’s a journey.

The biggest idea is one I’ve heard other places. If we want to be something, we should act like we already are. Pinocchio only becomes a real when he starts acting really human - putting others before himself.

Also, there’s some beautiful quintessentially Disney artwork in this movie’s detailed backgrounds.

Trailer:



Quotes:
  • Little puppet made of pine, awake. The gift of life is thine.
  • Now, remember, Pinocchio, be a good boy. And always let your conscience be your guide.
  • A boy who won't be good, might just as well be made of wood.
  • A lie keeps growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face.
  • He's my conscience. He tells me what's right and wrong.
  • Give a bad boy enough rope, and he'll soon make a jackass of himself.Prove yourself brave, truthful and unselfish…

Stills:







No comments: