Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mean Girls



















2004

Director: Mark Waters

Distributor: Paramount Pictures

Key Elements: Story – Characters – Message

My Review:

After I graduated high school, my best friend and I went on a cruse. The TV’s in the rooms ran a couple movies on cycles, and this was one of them. So we watched it a lot and got to like it.

If you asked me, this movie was Lindsay Lohan’s peak – before she became wild blonde and waifish – You know, when she was attractive for real.

I heard that this movie was inspired by some sociological studies that looked into the cruel competition that often arises among teenage girls. So… everything you’re watching in the movie is based on actual behavior. Sorta scary.

But in the end it’s got a good message. We have more to gain by accepting each other. Judgment and division only hurts us.

Trailer:



Quotes:
  • That is so fetch!
  • You're a regulation hottie.
    - What?
    - Own it.
  • That one there, that's Karen Smith. She is one of the dumbest girls you will ever meet. Damien sat next to her in English last year.
    - She asked me how to spell orange.
  • That little one, that's Gretchen Wieners.
    - She's totally rich because her dad invented Toaster Streudels.
    Gretchen Wieners knows everybody's business, she knows everything about everyone.
    - That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets.
    And evil takes a human form in Regina George. Don't be fooled because she may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag, but in reality, she's so much more than that.
    - She's the queen bee - the star, those other two are just her little workers.
  • Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die! Don't have sex in the missionary position, don't have sex standing up, just don't do it, OK, promise? OK, now everybody take some rubbers.
  • She's fabulous, but she's evil.
  • Boo, you whore.
  • The weird thing about hanging out with Regina was that I could hate her, and at the same time, I still wanted her to like me.
  • I'm sorry that people are so jealous of me... but I can't help it that I'm so popular.
  • I like *invented* her, you know what I mean?
  • I know it may look like I was being like a bitch, but that's only because I was acting like a bitch
  • Hell, no. I did *not* leave the South Side for this!
  • Did your teacher ever try to sell you marijuana or ecstasy tablets?
    - No.
    - What are marijuana tablets?
  • Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that's not good.
Stills:















No comments: