Sunday, January 4, 2009

Punch-Drunk Love



















2002

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

Distributor: Columbia Pictures / Revolution Studios / New Line Cinema

Key Elements: Characters – Lines – Message

My Review:

I wasn’t sure what to think of this movie at first. It had a brooding, eccentric tone which appealed to me, but I wanted to see where the story went.

I wasn’t disappointed.

The movie is made by a simple exchange.

Sander’s character is being threatened. His response is the message of the movie:
“I have a love in my life. It makes me stronger than anything you can imagine.”

Trailer:



Quotes:
  • I don't know if there is anything wrong because I don't know how other people are.
  • I didn't ask for a shrink - that must've been somebody else. Also, that pudding isn't mine.
  • Also, I'm wearing this suit today because I had a very important meeting this morning and I don't have a crying problem.
  • I have to get more pudding for this trip to Hawaii. As I just said that out loud I realize it sounded a little strange but it's not.
  • I'm lookin' at your face and I just wanna smash it. I just wanna fuckin' smash it with a sledgehammer and squeeze it. You're so pretty.
    - I want to chew your face, and I want to scoop out your eyes and I want to eat them and chew them and suck on them.
    OK. This is funny. This is nice.
  • I have a love in my life. It makes me stronger than anything you can imagine.
  • Now get the fuck out of here, pervert!
    - Didn't I warn you? Th... That's that!
Stills:










No comments: