Thursday, January 15, 2009

Speed Racer



















2008

Director: The Wachowski Brothers

Distributor: Warner Brothers

Key Elements: Visuals

My Review:

This movie has only one thing going for it, but it excels at that one thing: stunning visuals.

I was blown away by the sharp motion and brilliant color of this movie. It was an intense carnival for the eyes.

Unfortunately I think you could only get that effect by watching it on the big screen. All the same, I was pumped when I left the theatre. If you want a visually educed adrenaline rush, this movie delivers

Trailer:



Quotes:
  • You think you can drive a car and change the world? It doesn't work like that!
    - Maybe not, but it's the only thing I know how to do and I gotta do something.
  • This isn't a race; it's a showdown.
  • I couldn't have been more proud of you, son. Not because you won, but because you stood up, you weren't afraid, and you did what you thought was right
  • Go Speed, Go!

Stills:












No comments: