Monday, January 5, 2009

Man on Fire



















2004

Director: Tony Scott

Distributor: Fox Movies

My Review:

I had trouble getting into this movie at first. It played out like a violent revenge movie. But then I saw the ending.

One of the greatest gospel illustrations I’ve ever seen in a movie.

Pieta is being held by her kidnappers. To get her back to her mother, Creasy trades himself and takes her place. The two meet at the top of an overpass where the exchange is taking place. Creasy tells her he loves her and then goes on toward his death.

I was in tears seeing this scene. We are all like Pieta, dangerously and helplessly trapped by sin and death. Then Jesus, like Creasy, gives His life in our place so we can live free. Incredibly moving, this scene alone makes this one of my favorite movies.

Also, we see Creasy struggle with his faith, but by the end of the movie we get the message that He has made peace with God.

Trailer:





Quotes:
  • Dear God, I do not ask for health or wealth. People ask you so often that you can't have any left. Give me, God, what else you have. Give me what no-one else asks for. Amen.
  • I think he's been sick. He's all right now, but I think he's been very, very sick.
  • There are some good things in this world.
    - Oh yeah, like what?
    Like meeting me.
  • A bullet always tells the truth.
  • Do you ever see the Hand of God in what you do?
    - No, not for a long time.
    The Bible says, "Do not be over come with evil, but overcome...?
    - But overcome evil with good." That's Romans Chapter 12 Verse 21. …I am the sheep that got lost, Madre.
  • The gunshot holds no fear, say it.
    - The gunshot holds no fear.
    You welcome the sound. In fact it's the sound that sets you free. You are a prisoner on this block until that sound sets you free.
  • PITA, RUN! RUN!
    - CREASY!
  • You read the Bible Mr. Creasy?
    - Yeah, sometimes.
    Does it help?
    - Yeah, sometimes
  • A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.
  • He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than ten years of your courts and tribunals.
    they're gonna wish they never touched a hair on her head.
  • She showed him it was OK to live again.
  • You know, I-I'm a professional.
    - That's what everybody keeps saying. "I'm just a professional". Everybody keeps saying that to me. "I'm just a professional", "I'm just a professional". I'm getting sick and tired of hearing that.
  • Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
  • I love you, Creasy. And you love me too, don't you?
    - Yes, I do. With all my heart, Pita. Go. I'm goin' home, too. I'm goin' to Blue Bayou.
stills:






No comments: