Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Ring



















2002

Director: Gore Verbinski

Distributor: DreamWorks SKG

Key Elements: Concept – Visuals

My Review:

This is one of the few movies I have seen that really freaked me out. This was due largely to its simple premise and creepy imagery, as well as its use of suspense over gore.

It also probably helped that I watched it alone at 2 in the morning.

A horror classic.

Clip:



Quotes:
  • You start to play it and it's like somebody's nightmare. And then this woman comes on, smiling at you, right? Seeing you... through the screen. Then when it's over, your phone rings, someone knows you watched the tape... and what they say is, "You will die in seven days".
  • What is it with reporters? You take one person's tragedy and force the world to experience it... spread it like sickness.
  • …not one of them could tell me exactly what happened to my daughter.
  • Sometimes children yell, or cry... or draw pictures…
  • I can't imagine being stuck down a well all alone like that. How long could you survive?
    - Seven days.
  • She lives in a dark place now
  • I think before you die, you see the ring...
  • What will we tell the others who watch it?
  • Seven days...
Stills:










No comments: